Saturday, September 27, 2008

For A Cause

First of all, I am sorry for not visiting your blogs for quite sometime now. I haven't even replied to some of the comments on the previous post. Once in a month this happens, I receive a message that says – Dear airtel customer, your bill amount for the last month is still pending, please pay immediately to avoid any disruptions in the services. So I hope you guys will understand ;)
Keep track of the following desultory talks; something productive would be coming up by the end of the post. Hopefully!

When I was a kid, I had dreamt of being a doctor. I remember my schoolteacher questioning the class about what each of us would like to become when we grew up. A Doctor- I said. Eventually I took up math, physics and chemistry as my subjects in intermediate and ended up being an engineer- a software engineer after graduating in Electronics and communications.
>A dream crushed by an engineer<

In my eighth standard, our class was given a task of collecting funds for an old age home. A few among us who had collected a fairly decent amount were allowed to visit the old age home to greet their members. The experience was touching, something I would remember for life. I would say, in these 22 years of my life…that was the only good thing I've done for someone other than family and friends. During that time there was much resentment against those who left their parents to old age homes. Probably that was the first incident, which inspired me to establish an old age home by myself.
>A dream gone astray<

While watching news channels that show thousands of victims my eyes are filled with tears. I wish I could be of some help to them.
>A momentary dream that vanishes as soon as I switch the channel for a reality show<

When I was doing my third year of engineering, grandpa passed away. That was when a serious thought struck my mind- of building a foundation on the name of my grandpa.
>This dream I wish would come true someday<

There's a saying I've always loved: When you were born, you were the one crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life in such a way that… you leave this world with a smile on your face and leave a tear in everyone else's eyes.To live with love, gratitude and respect from others each of us has to make some efforts for the betterment of the society. We may not be too intelligent to serve the country through our knowledge. We may not be so rich as to donate large amounts of money in charity. But with the little money that we are earning, we can still make a difference just by contributing a small/negligible percent of our earnings for doing good for the needy. Though I know it would take much more time for this dream to come true than what I anticipate, if anyone here would be happy to help me create a trust on the name of my grandfather, I would sincerely and wholeheartedly be thankful to him or her.

************
Now for the second part of my post - its Neha's aka Joie's birthday. There are some people with whom you feel an instant connection. That, I've felt with you Neha. Happy birthday!


19 comments:

Sameera Ansari said...

Sweetie I am so proud of you!Your vision is so clear,and rarely do people have such clarity in their goals and thoughts.

You know I will do all I can when I bring myself to that level independently.May all your dreams come true my li'l dumbi sis! :)

Love you loads.Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaa

Priya Joyce said...

yupp very true yaar

u seem to hav lots of gr8 dreams dear
loved hear abt all of them.

And ye joie she's very special to mee too.

Compassion Unlimitted said...

This post sure is a bundle of emotions. Old age homes are unfortunately on the increase,sadly though,with kids not able to take care of their own parents.
Good luck to your endeavour.
TC
CU

Hemanth Potluri said...

div thats a gr8 way to explain ur dreams to us...and ur vision is clear..

Live your life in such a way that… you leave this world with a smile on your face and leave a tear in everyone else's eyes

this line is awesome way to explain that how u should become in the future..i wud say we have achieved one dream by u being our frnd :)...thnks to u ...


hey neha u dint tell me its ur birthday Happy birthday Neha ..have a gr8 day ahead..and all the best for ur future ..let me make a post for u ..:)...


urs..hemu..

Ashish Soni said...

When I was asked by my teacher in 2nd class what I wanted to be ....... I said ... I want to become Papa......

Teacher smiled.....and said why ?

I said...I'll beat my son daily thn...and at night I'll sorry....:D :D :D........

btw my b'day is also round the corner... :D :D :D.......1st OCT.....don't forget.....even if no connection is thr... ;)

On the other side ....

Regarding ur post I wish you achieve all ur dreams and do what all you have planned to do in life...

Take Care
~Ali

rantravereflect/ jane said...

wowwww :)
i love that post!!
very inspiring to do as much good as possible--> to live and to smile n to help n to loveas much as ya can :)

mwuahhhh:* n hugssssssss..

n i'm sure ya granpa will be one proud man--> his legacy is restored in his grand-daughter!

Anwesa said...

lovely post..wishing u luck in all ur endeavours..

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

1)Your an ECE engineer?? I'm in my 3rd year ECE!! Maybe you can help me with some tips on projects..

2)You would like to visit my grandma's home for the mentally challenged! Do check out my blog for more details! You are always welcome to visit! You can search for Jwala home for mentally challenged, Pondicherry in Google!

3)Wish Neha a happy birthday on my behalf!

prajyot said...

great vision,and most importantly its so clear

believe me,many people hardly know their DESTINY(GOAL),but the way u expressed it was amazing

Vinz said...

what a life without dreams...and you got many..

was a good read..!!
now let me too jot down my dreams one by one..!!

:)

Aneesh said...

Touching post..
May you have the strength and opportunity to achieve your vision. There are lot of good in this world and we can also add to it, if we want but very few chooses that path.
:)

Hemanth Potluri said...

hey divya wer r u yaar..became so busy ..:(...come bac soon :)...

urs..hemu..

Chaggoholic.... said...

Loved the aspirations and the reflection on those lost amidst the passage of time.hope u get all that u aspire for sweets.tc God Bless....

Rajesh said...

That was a superb post....could relate to everything...

Engineering...well...me too part of the rat race....gonna turn a software engg after getting a mech engg degree

and that momentary dream was just too good...we think of such things but once we shift channels..well.. as u said, we deviate

Thoroughly enjoyed!!!!

hope said...

*smiles* may your all wishes come true.. hugz

joie de vivre said...

aww so sweet of u
thanx a loooot dear
m so haapy
luv u dear

joie de vivre said...

@ pj..hemz..shrav
thanx a lot buddies

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

CHEERS::::!!!!!

IM prepaid...!!! n Wenever i dial a number...kinda 'hello tune' greets me in malayalam...de english version is sumwat like dis ," U CREEP YER ACCOUNT BALANCE IS TOO LOW...GO RECHARGE IMMEDIATELY"..hmm...de end result..? my missed calls became HIT...n new phrases like 'going nithin' to indicate 'ouuta balance'...

N hey..oficialy here's a HI 4 ye...luvly post..!!!

IncorrigibleV said...

happy birthday to neha :) and may all ur dreams come true someday divvi ...
PS: i read all ur posts here in order just now, u made me smile, laugh and think a lot... thank u!