Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My crazy obsession for voice chat :P




22nd year of my life and I've never used headphones until the 6th of September 2008. I'm loving it.

Hardest part was of course fixing them to my computer. If you think I am dumb, for now I will agree :). Thanks to harika- my best friend…she taught me the ABCD of fixing headphones to PC.

Instructions for people who still do not know how to use the headphones ;)

1. Look for three colored ports at the back of your processor. For people who do not know what a processor is…am glad you are dumber than I am :P.
2. Now look for the symbol of headphones on one of the two wires that come from your headphones and fix it into the green colored port of your processor (precisely the middle one). And the other into the pink colored port.

It took me a while to decipher the colors coz all the three looked *white* to me. My computer was losing hues L…. Or maybe I am losing sight?

Anyways if you think you are done…sorry you are mistaken!

Call someone and test. If you are as fortunate as I am…you would hear the voice of your friend but your voice wouldn't reach him :P.

Hence check the audio configuration of on your pc and enable the microphone. This wasn't easy, it took me 4-5 hours to figure out the problem with the settings. My pc was giving some weird errors- you cant place the volume icon on the task bar coz the volume control program has not been installed. That left me wondering how I could adjust the media player volume if the volume control wasn't installed.

If you were smart, it wouldn't take so long though.

Let me know if I was helpful :P.

25 comments:

Lena said...

dumbi me so happy you managed it!! Congratulations!! :D
Thank God, i am not dumber than you :P

Have fun voice chatting! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes it is helpful always.
Sharing is Caring.
:)

Anwesa said...

hav loads of fun while voice chatting..

lukkydivz said...

@janu

:D no credits to u :P
we both are equally dumb!

@hobo

:) am glad it helped :)

@anwesa

:)sure!

Aneesh said...

Congrats!!
And finally you did it :)

Do keep posting tutorials. LOL, just kidding.
So, how was your debut on voice chatting?
:D

Sameera Ansari said...

Ha ha ha,someone is giving advice now on getting started on voice chat! :P

4-5 hours?Dear,didn't you take like almost two days?Lol

Love U!Ummma :)

joie de vivre said...

hehe
dumbo..

aur naya template shandarr hai dear

Lena said...

huh? i took like 20 mins to adjust mine :D
Now dont dare to say i am as dumb as you are :P

lukkydivz said...

@aneesh

it was great..am still having fun..and ur welcome for the lesson today :)

@sameera

huh? dont make a fool of me here :x i dint take 2 days :x

@neha

even u calling me dumbo? :(
haan re template ka credit sirf mera :P

@janu

ok ok u aren't as dumb as i am..just even dumber than me :P

Rajesh said...

Well...firstly ur blog layout is really good...coming here the first time after ur change of layout...3 column stuff s always good

Well...it did help...liked reading...keep writing..

P.S:My blog updated

Rahul... in City of Dreamz said...

helpful or not... but you were definately funny!! :)

and about u being dumb.. well.. main to hamesha se hi kehta tha...

:)

lukkydivz said...

@rajesh

i love it too :) a good effort never goes waste :P

@rahul

same pinch.. tu kuch kam dumb nahi hai!

Chaggoholic.... said...

Well i struggled wid dat too.LOL....

Thanks for comin on my blog da!

By the way a new one posted by me.Check it out.Wud be fun...

peter said...

thts y ppl say that only 4.5 percent of ppl in India are computer literates and rest are either those whu don't knw wat a processor is :P

yeah I have faced this kind of prblm while chatting but hey I ws the person whu was tellin my frnd at the other end to do thngs which are required :P

nice one !

Vinz said...

:)
its addictive, beware..!!

lukkydivz said...

@chaggoholic

am glad there are people as dumb as me in some corner of the world :P

@peter

me is not an illiterate :x i've have some sound knowledge of C and java :P

@vinz

am addicted, am out of control :D

rantravereflect/ jane said...

well, i joind the dumb blondie club with you..
pc's n me are like the weekdays n weekends.. never get along (n i sold p pc's for the last one year--- now hush hush--> tats why HP had bad sales in chennai last year ;))

rantravereflect/ jane said...

and sooper-dooper template.. absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeed it babe :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

wow...new template every time i visit...sami is template queen u should be template rani...but nice one...so nice tutorial hope u had fun voice chating..:)..

urs..hemu..

P.S:Blog rolled u

joie de vivre said...

beta pyar se dumbo kaha
samajh!!!

lukkydivz said...

@jane

liar liar liar :x the dumbi club is not taking u in...coz u are actually smart :x

template- :) thanks :) cute and kiddish na?

@hemu

voice chat is fun :) wow am template rani? *blushing*
thanks for blogrolling :)

@neha

mummy ne mujhe pyaar se dumbo kaha :P thanks to blogger, ek aur pyaar karne wali mummy mil gayi mujhe *yippie*

Solitaire said...

Haha! I should take a print out of this and keep it at hand. I hate voice-chatting because I cannot be bothered with all those connections.

Priya Joyce said...

pehle toh itni help ke liye thankuu
aur doosra kya jhakaas template ha yaar tera
yaar sory am late k examms chal rahe hai
luved the changed divz

lukkydivz said...

@sneha di

lol the great sol doesn't know how to fix connections ;)

@pj

:) its ok pj, do well with ur exams :)

Indrajit said...

Hmm.