Saturday, September 13, 2008

Alive...in my dreams and memories


There's one thing I had always hated about being by your side during the time you were on the death bead. Somehow the good and happy moments that we had together are being overshadowed by the times you were sick and suffering. Rather than remembering you as the one who taught me alphabets and numbers, who bought me an ice cream of my choice on the first of every month, who was my teacher at home, who always told me about the power of positive thinking, who gave me some valuable lessons on life, who paid my school and college fees, and prominently as the one who is most responsible for the better part of me; I remember you as the one who I went along with for those chemotherapy sessions, the one who had asked me in the middle of the night to apply some oil on the neck that was bleeding after an operation, the one who let me press his legs for the first time ever when he was sick, the one whose body and eyes were turning yellow because of the jaundice attack, the one whose forehead I kissed only after his demise, the only one who had tolerated so much pain without heaving a sigh. This could be the only reason why I avoid thinking about you…pushing myself to think something else that did not give me pain.

But dreams are things that I have no control of. And in my dreams I see my grandfather…. alive but always sick with cancer.

27 comments:

Lena said...

thats so sad dear when those we love have to leave us.. and when we have sad memories left, but even then we still feel this love within our hearts and this makes these memories sweet ones...
and yes, we still do have our dreams :)

Sameera Ansari said...

That was heart wrenching dear.Maybe you were not able to do too many things when he was alive,but I am sure he died knowing the fact that he has such a wonderful granddaughter,who makes him smile even after he is long gone.

No matter what,those dreams tend to haunt us now and then.It's because we can never forget the loved ones snatched away from us.

Love you Baby sis.Ummma

lukkydivz said...

janu,

yes we have dreams...but sometimes they are so frightening :(

moti,

i ain't that wonderful :) i still do things that i know will hurt him :(

love u too moti :-*

Hemanth Potluri said...

:( ....its soo sad yaar...u almost had me cry..:'(...so sweet of u to post a thing like this ...simple word i loved the way u did it..:)..

urs..hemu..

Rajesh said...

Yup...seriously heart wrenching...stomach crushing write-up...feel very sad.. some dreams do haunt us...but it ll get better wit time

TIME is the healer

lukkydivz said...

@hemu

:) a hundred tears rolled down my cheeks while i typed those words...

@rajesh

definitely it is a HEALER :) though we may not forget everything with time :)

Aneesh said...

That's so awful!!
We can only pray!
After all, grand father and grand mother are people who always love their grandchildren, they never frighten us as our parents do.

Anonymous said...

Sad one.

prajyot said...

well this blog post was really touching...lovely post.!!really liked it a lot

lukkydivz said...

@aneesh

ya, i am not lying when i say i love my grandparents more than my parents :)

@hobo

i know :(

@prajyot

:) thank you!

Vinz said...

divz,

that was touching..!! indeed...
i have seen the pain 'cancer' inflicts..on the patient and his near and dear ones... i have seen my father and other members of my family trying to combat with that..

its so sad, cancer took away him from all of us.. but still yeah, he lives on our dreams..!!

you wrote well diz... i could sense the pain..!!

joie de vivre said...

wat a coincidece
u kno my frnd said sumthing very similar to dis just few days back

lukkydivz said...

@vinz

:( you've been through the pain, who else can understand better?

@neha

hmmm :(
it feels better when u share it with friend na? ;)

Chaggoholic.... said...

Hey thats sad.Though at the same time sweet to know how much u miss him and how u cherish his memories.God bless....

lukkydivz said...

@arpi di

:(

@chaggoholic

thank you :)

Priya Joyce said...

that's a very touching post from you divvu ye its very sad when we lose someone very dear to us and someone whom we are dear to.
ya memories can be sweet but sometimes haunting too.
u touched me i felt as if i am sitting in front of u and u r reciting to me in person.

Lukkydivs said...

@pj

cute pic ;)
how sweet, thanks sweety :)

joie de vivre said...

yeah
its better to share

Indrajit said...

:(

Comfortably Numb said...

True...We don't have a control over our dreams..but then do we have a control over any of the important attributes of our life? And its really upto an individual to realize if "Dreams" are important for them to realize life.

Cheers!!

Lukkydivs said...

@neha

;) share your chocolates with me :P

@indu

dont start crying plz :P

@comfortably numb

Heylo :) well said, we dont have control over most of things...for me dreams are important....especially when i dream of my loved ones...even if they bring tears :)

? said...

How strange to discover this blog just after reading a book on death. Its so sad but our loved ones will continue living on in our memory. Nobody can take that away

lukkydivz said...

@red eyes

you read a book on death? you are a brave thing :)

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

:( :( I'm sorry about that..

P.s: Awaiting you in my blog. Would love to have your comments!!

lukkydivz said...

@shrav

oh dont make sad faces here. :(

hope said...

someone deleted ssomething here mmmm...

lukkydivz said...

lol di u r smart ;)