Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oh so jobless :(


Looks like I've lost the purpose of my life. There's absolutely nothing I am doing these days. My daily schedule goes this way- getting up at 12 pm, sleeping again from 1 pm for the next 4 hours, evening badinage with family and night chats with friends. I wonder how long this would continue. Every night I take an oath – that tomorrow would be different…may be I should start reading a novel, brush up my technical proficiencies (if any :O), watch some news channels instead of those cat-fight dramas, stop chatting till the wee hours of morning, do something meaningful, thoughtful and purposeful. All in vain :(

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from vodafone, foolish guy he got me out of my dreams :(.

The conversation went this way…

CC: Good afternoon madam, are you a vodafone customer from Hyderabad?

Div: yes?

CC: Madam, we have some special postpaid offers for you…!

Div: ok, I was sleeping before you called…can I get back to my sleep if you don’t mind?

CC: Sorry to disturb you madam, when can I call back?

Div: In the night?

CC: My shift closes at 6PM madam! May I call up at 11AM tomorrow?

Div: Well, no…I would be sleeping even then.

CC: Ok mam… 2 in the afternoon…?

Div: No, I would still be sleeping.

CC: So what’s the time I can catch u awake?

Div: In the night?

CC: Sorry for disturbing you madam…have a nice day!

I just can’t help being a slugabed :(. People say its high time I start taking up the responsibilities but I just lack the will to do anything at all :(. The past 4 years have been a luxury…with friends like diamonds I never had to worry about my things. Know what? Half of my very important things are with my friends…Passport; Pan card, Provisional certificates, letters and what not. The other day I was searching for my 10th and intermediate mark sheets…after nearly an hour of rummaging around, I found them under my bed :D, yeah you read it right…they were lying under my bed :P. I remember I put them in my cupboard a few months back. Wonder how they have gotten to this place :O.

By the way…sami has some interview questions to ask :O.

>> You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?

>> You have a record disc, its painted half white and half black and its spinning. How many color sensors you need to determine in which direction the record is spinning and they should be placed in which places?


*She forgot that I already have a job :O, answer it right and sami will arrange a job for you in Microsoft*



16 comments:

Sameera Ansari said...

Ha ha ha ha!That phone conversation had me in splits!Poor guy :P

Sweetie once you start working,this time won't come back.So enjoy! :)

Those are not my interview questions,they are Google's and Microsoft's :X

Lub boo.Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmma

Lena said...

sweetie, enjoy it, you wont get the same opportunity ever again in life :P

And sami asked questions? haha! you think she knows the answers? :P

lukkydivz said...

@jhooti moti

poor me :(
yes, me making the most of now!
and moti...google or microsoft never asked me questions...only u did :x

@janu

she doesn't know janu...only you know :D and u surely deserve a job in google ;)

Anonymous said...

All questions bounced over my head.
Enjoy your days.
chatting ?
;)

lukkydivz said...

@hobo

blame it on sai/google/microsoft :P

chatting! that shares 75% of my life these days :P

Indrajit said...

I agree what they all have said here.

Take care.

Aneesh said...

"if it to be, it is up to me" Just utter these 10 two letter magic words. it's all up to you, if you think you can, then you can. if you think you cannot, then you cannot. Always believe in yourself, just do what you really want and you'll feel the change :)
I hope, what you really want is not sleep :)

lukkydivz said...

@indu

*smiles*

this post is for momma and her little kid :D

@aneesh

very philosophical there ;)
i can see only 9 two letter words :( i hope i ain't missing your formula of success :P

Indrajit said...

Mamma and her kiddy loved it.
Mamma said u r so cute.
:) :)

Solitaire said...

Oh those telemarketeers...a pain in the a**!

I LOVE your routine!

lukkydivz said...

@indu

*blush*

kisses and hugs to mamma :P

@sneha di

exactly, i get at least 3 calls a day...at odd times :x

u love it? am going to continue with it then :)

Saranya S said...

Hehe, nice post!
Had a good laugh while reading ur conversation and by the way this has given me an idea how to respond to those callers. They are very annoying at times and know the trick very well to make u answer their qs and get the info they want. :)

lukkydivz said...

@saranya

they are annoying only at times when am sleeping, otherwise they are a good time pass :P

Vinz said...

the conversation was hilarious..
great one..!!
the person might have stopped telemarketing..!!

:)

Aneesh said...

AW!! I missed an "is" in the first part.
"If it is to be, it is up to me"

Ashish Soni said...

Ha ha ha ha ha

that guy must have had a terrible time...

take care
~Ali