Saturday, December 20, 2008

The PIF gift

An year back, Lena said-

"I promise to send a small handmade gift to the first three people who reply to this post on my blog, specifying that they accept the PIF challenge. I do not know what the gift will be as of now, but it will be something personalized and I promise to have it delivered to them within one year from today, no matter what. Of course, as the name indicates, the condition is that all three of them must in turn pay it forward the same way, by putting up a post linking to this one on their blog and promising to send three others a handmade gift."

And finally, I received the long awaited gift from Janu this Monday :). This is what Janu had sent me as a PIF gift.


Since I could not give my address due to some personal problems, I had to collect it from a post office some twelve kilometers away from my home :P. I was obviously excited…about the letter, the handmade bracelet and the chocolates :). And as you can see I got more than what I expected – a small huggable pillow with – YOU”RE SPECIAL printed on it :)

When i first saw the packet I was like- wow! A big pack of gifts :P means more and more Russian chocolates :P.

I opened it… at the post office itself :P couldn’t wait till I get home :(. And you know Janu… the first I did after opening the cover was – reading your letter. I was more absorbed into reading what you wrote for me rather than those chocolates that you had sent. (They take the second place though :P PIF gift is only a complimentary :P).

My sweet Div, Divvi, Divvu

This is not a letter but a few notes about how much you matter to me.


  • You’re the sweetest girl and that’s because you eat too much chocolate :P.
  • You’re my 3AM friend. You’re a special person. of course you know this but I will repeat it again and again.
  • You know me better than my real sister does. Well, you’re as much a real sister as she is.
  • Me loves you a lot. You know that. That’s why I always sms you even though you don’t reply.
  • I will come to India, that’s a promise. And you will be one among few whom I will meet. And we will go to chocolate house and I will pay. That’s a promise.
  • But you pay for ice creams.
  • I Love You sweets
  • I care about you.
  • I miss you all the time when you’re not online. And you’re more than just a great friend to me. You’re my sweet little cute sister. Love always, Lena

I cried while reading the letter. When you said I’m sweet. When you said I’m your 3AM friend. When you said I’m special. When you said you miss me when I’m offline. When you said I know you better than your real sister does. When you said I’m as much a real sister as she is to you. When you said you love me a lot. When you said that you sms ,me but I don’t reply. When you said that you’ll come to India and I’ll be among the few whom you’re gonna meet. When you said that you would take me to chocolate house.

And I smiled when you said you will pay :P

You know letters make me emotional. Even if I read something silly and funny written by someone close to me…they brings tears. That is what happened at the post office. Then I took a sneak peek of the NUMBER of chocolates and smiled to myself :) – today’s going to be a chocolate day ;) and then the imprinted lines on the pillow.


On the way back home. I was reminded of the PIF post, my first stupid mail to you, the one year journey along the roads of friendship, the times when you were sad and I stood by you and those times when I was/am :P sad/mad and you always stood by me.


Was also reminded of one particular chat when you gave me some virtual hugs because I was feeling low and I said- these are not real ones Janu. I want real hugs that can comfort me. And you replied- I wish I could give you some real ones dear.


A single tear dropped from my eyes remembering that chat and you know I closed my eyes for a few seconds before I realized that I was driving my bike.
For a moment I thought I was almost gone.


And Janu you did send me a real hug. REALLY. Since that day I’ve been sleeping with the pillow in my arms. (lol, no romance intended :P). The pillow that you had sent me is no less than a real hug.
By the way I shared the chocolates with family and friends. But the two big bars were made ONLY for me and so dint feel like sharing :P.


This is for you janu ;) click to enlarge :)




Well, it is Saturday so I guess I can dedicate a song to Janu in the form of MMM.
My favorite things from the movie- The sound of music.





27 comments:

Pranav Kumar V said...

WOW!! I always knew that people who never met each other in their life can be friends for life. All it takes is a good heart and a sound mind!!

I now know I was right!! Damn cool guys!!

And regardless of what anyone says, this friendship WILL last FOREVER. So, all I'll just wish you guys is a LONGER AND HAPPIER FRIENDSHIP!! :D

Forever, an inspired friend...
PK

See you when I see you... :)

Lena said...

I soooooooooooooo LOVE YOU!
but you made me cry with this post! And smile too :)
you deserve much more than just chocolates, sweetheart!
And i can imagine how tough it was for you to share them :P

Love you,
**hugsssssss** (real ones)

And do not drive with closed eyes :x

:-*
<3

Lena said...

PS: i LOVEEEEEEED the card and the poem :)

RiverSoul said...

This is so Awesome!!
I'm in awe
:)
DeeDee, you've got a gr8 friend somewhere north of here, and you're really the lukkkiestestest girl I've ever known.
:)
:)
Lena, i never knew you've gotta sis!
:)
Wen u come to India, bring her too
:)
:)

Your friendship, you guys,
None can despise
Its like a ballet on ice,
And 4 times more nice

:)
You're friendship flowered,
Without the aid of sight,
And now Its powered,
Into a space flight
:)

Hats off, to thy friendship,
I've only this to say,
A never ending, long trip,
I wish you both today
:)

Your friendship inspires me beyond words
:)

Akshat said...

The post brought tears in my eyes as well!! :( :(

It was Utopian-like sweet!!...I want something like this too!! :( :|

Take Care

P.S...I cry when I read a letter too!!..even if it is a comical one(tears of happiness..:P)...

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

awwwwww....finally u hv recieved the PIF gift.

i understand what u have felt holding the gifts in ur own hand. i felt d same wen i rcvd sameera's PIF gift and then lena's gift. it's an altogether different feeling.

and lena is so sweet that even aftr getting 3 people for PIF she extended d offer to few more coz i wanted to play too. but then i played it with sameera. and sameera's gift is the most precious gift to me along with lena's :)

lukkydivz said...

@pk

dont know about sound mind but good heart..yes we both have :P :)
Thanks a lot :)

@lena

then next time send me all that i deserve :P
:) i struggled with the card for like some 2 hours :P

@sid

i know sid... that explains my display name right? :)

why only 4 times more than ballet on ice :D

thanks a lot :)

lukkydivz said...

@akshat

u want something like that? :P make some good friends here :)

@pt

lena is sweet, i'm sweetest coz i eat more chocolates :P
you know na am coming to delhi... save money and buy me some chocolates ;) :D

Anil Sawan said...

that was too emotional swthrt! i am so very happy for you. You drove 12 km to get the pack? you should have told me! I would have collected the pack and given it to you. Ive never tasted Russian Chocolates :P

I am so very jealous of you :P
Love you loadz..

Priya Joyce said...

awww u hav got real sweeet frnds dear..me jealous :P

lovely gifts re

:)
:)

Arv said...

wow... kewl stuff... enjoy them :)

Richa said...

WOOOOOH!!!!!

OMG itis still takin tym for me to blv it..

how vy sweet is this relationship called frnship :)
hey Lena, though i dun know u as such, but I think i m in love with u for being so lovely :)

Lukkydivs said...

@annu

really??? the next time someone wants to send me sumthing..can i give them ur address ? :P :P
but dont expect me to share the chocs with u ;)
am happy that someone is jealous of me :)

@pj

thanks baby :) and yup gifts are lovely ;)

@richa

lol :D lena is blushing ;)

Hemanth Potluri said...

beautiful gifts u have got there :)..and the friendship continues for the lifes to come :)...

urs..hemu..

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful emotional post...by the way, nice blog! You are blogrolled..:)

WarmSunshine said...

Hey Divvzz

Such a sweet post.... you're lucky to have friends like each other... guess I'm missing out a lot being so alone :(

You guys are sweeeeet hearts :)

*hugs*

P.S. your new dp is a cute one... lyk it! :P

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

wow!! that's so sweet:);) the gifts were lovely and the letter was even more lovelier!!:):)

I'm so jealous of girlie friendships! :):) The best part is the chocolates:):)

I want someone who sends me chocolates as well!

I wouldn't mind Russian ones!! Lena, listening??? lolZ!

lukkydivz said...

@hemanth

:) thanks :)

@mithe

thank u for the blogroll ;)

@meher

grrr ur not alone :| :|

@shrav

guys are guys! they are always jealous of girlie friendships ;)
no chocolates for u :|

Indrajit said...

I raise a virtual toast for ur frdnship and for my Love till ETERNITY for Dhriti..

:)
N heard the song... hhehhe...
Cute.

Anwesa said...

how sweet!!!

lukkydivz said...

@indu

dhriti is in love with sum1 else :P sorry!!

@anwi

:)

Phoenix said...

wow ure so lucky girl!! i hope wen we have our one year of knowing each other u ll send me something as well!! :) dont worry babes will send you one too.. :) lol! :P

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

*leaves disappointed*

Sameera Ansari said...

Lovely gifts!Good that you had enough chocs to last more than a day :)

Nice song,one of my favs!

DMulan said...

wow!!! that is so so sooo awesome!

humbl devil said...

:)

Ankur said...

i didnt know this... so sweet of her!! :)
but she only sent it to u?? is it???
not to the other 2 in ur grp??

mean she is!! :P :P

neither to me... ;)

Cheers!!