Sunday, July 27, 2008

Birthday bumps



How many of us enjoy waiting? I don't. But isn't it exciting to wait for birthdays? The excitement begins a week before and stays on till the midnight of the actual day. Chocolates, Gifts, Surprises, the immense love you get to feel, the way you are pampered all day long, friends staying awake till late hours…competing to be the first one to wish you on your day, orkut scrapbook filled with birthday wishes, flowers, greeting cards, messages and letters from loved ones, wearing almost everything new, blowing the candles, bursting the balloons and cutting the cake. Everything is special about birthdays except the fact that you are getting a year older! But considering that you don't get to do/feel all this on a normal day, birthdays are never a disappointment.



Birthday night-outs with friends are so much fun. If you are a guy, it's much more than fun. You are allowed to freak out at odd times of the night, at peculiar places with least concern. *Why should guys have all the fun?*

Putting forth your demands and taking delight in every moment of the day- a birthday is surely the best day of the year ;). So what's the gift you would love to have the most? This time I am not saying CHOCOLATES. ;).

I love it when people write something for me. That's certainly the best gift you can give to anybody. I enjoy reading them again and again, at times when I am sad and at times when I am feeling lonely…one message filled with love is all that's needed to cheer me up. Make me something out of your own hands, put your love into words and you would sure make my day. Oh yes, I love surprises too. Pay me a visit without me having any idea about it; wouldn't that be the nicest of surprises?

But there are people who are too lazy to write or make something. If you're happy when someone makes you feel special, why not do the same to make him feel the same? How much time it takes to write a few words of love…that last for a lifetime, that are etched in someone's hearts forever?

Finally, all good things come to an end, so does the birthday. Why can't we celebrate it every month :(? Aren't we left agog?

I would be turning 22 this august- a year full of responsibilities. Tough for me because all these years I’ve merely been a kid- always depending on a plenty of people for my living.


14 comments:

Sameera Ansari said...

Baby's waiting with bated breath for the 1st! :P

Birthdays are fun no doubt.My birthdays in final year of school and college were really good.With time,the anticipation gradually wears off though.

Advanced Birthday wishes sweetie!May you get all that you want and much more.Love you.Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaa

Solitaire said...

22 is also very very young. And anyway, age is just a number, right? Lots and lots of love and hope you have fun on your birthday. I hope you will be blogging about it as well!

Indrajit said...

Well,to begin with, thanks for your comment in my post. As you wrote you could not decipher the meaning there, so here's the backdrop.------

" There's a temple which falls on my way to my room and a very frequent sight over there would be poor urchins ,dust-colored, flocking around , outside the temple for hours , anticipating any kind soul coming out of the temple, would deliver some of their offerings( prashad, as we call , which is offered to God ). Most of the times they are ill-treated , even abused for being filthy and stubborn. Yet they stay there and sometimes maybe they are lucky to carry a handful , offered by some dutiful Devotees.-----


And about your post, wish you the very best for your birthday celebrations.

Nice write-up here , ascribing to a generic way of celebrating birthdays. Not everyone though would like their birthdays to be such an elaborately swish affair.

Regards and wishes. :)

Indrajit said...

P.S and thanks for blogrolling me .
Am honored.
Am actaully waiitng for my only Mom to teach me the art that is blogrolling . 8)

Indrajit said...

P.S and thanks for blogrolling me .
Am honored.
Am actaully waiitng for my only Mom to teach me the art that is blogrolling . 8)

Aneesh said...

Well, B'day fun is there 'coz it comes once in an year, right? if it comes daily, wouldn't it be boring? 'N I don't wait for my B'day to freak out or sneak out LOL.

***Why should guys have all the fun?
Who told gals can't have fun??

Happy B'day wishes in advance, my dear divz, May you celebrate your birthday every day than every month :) 'N may the guy you dream be there for the DAY!!! you simply rock!!!

Lena said...

i thought you are 18 ;) :P :D

Me not waiting for birthdays anymore, no excitement like that, but the most wonderful things are even not messages but calls :)

Me not wishing now, will wish on the day itself, cutiepie :)
And more than that i will write something for you :P :)

Love you, sweets!!

PS: still about to send the birthday gift, and you know it is handmade, but me not saying what it is :P

Vrijilesh Rai said...

Advance wishes for a great bday! Hope u have all ur wishes fulfilled :)

lukkydivz said...

@sami

not really that excited, you know right?
thanks moti :-* love u

@sneha di

thanks di for the love and wishes ;), will sure blog about it...if something good happens ;)

@indu
so sweet of u indu for explaining the poem here :P i am obliged! Thanx a lot for the wishes :) there's still time though!
and about blogrolling you, you deserve to be blogrolled by every blogger here ;)

@aneesh
i only wish for it to come monthly...so it doesn't get boring ;)
thanx aneesh! that was vely vely chweet ;)

@lena

yeay i know i look like 18 :P LOL
writing something for me? cant wait to read !!
and about the gift? i've been waiting for months now ...its not fair dumbi :P

love u loads!

lukkydivz said...

@vrij

thanx a lottt!! u can still wish me on 1st ;)

Priya Joyce said...

Y e buddy b'days r real fun. the best thing on my birthday is the ph doesn't stop ringing. god so many wishes. can't really believe sometimes how important I am for so many people. ye tats the best thing it makes us feel important.
and believe me gals have as much fun as boys have. going to peculiar places tat depends on ur locality and not on the fact tat u r gals or boys.

nice post buddy liked it. u hav brot out such a thing luved to comment on it.

hope said...

:) I start waiting for my bday from the next day only.. when i was a kid i used to celebrate it every month :P yes!! I so love to give and take bday wishes.. and i so get mad when some friend forgets my bday.. samjho uski shamat.. :P
A very happy bday in advance cutie pie.. may the day bring loads of surprises your way this year.. sp the ones you waiting for :) ..wish you have a wonderful day.. enjoy it with family and friends.. huggzz

lukkydivz said...

@priya

that's my fav too, the phone doesn't stop vibrating!

@arpi di

lol,every month? a birthday dress every month? *jealous*
thanks di!

RiverSoul said...

My my....
You write so beautifully princess!
:)
I've got to get you to guest write for my Blog someday
:)
And er. . . Belated happy birthday wishes.
:)