Saturday, November 29, 2008

Music to my ears

What music is to me… I would never be able to put into words. Particularly those with touching lyrics that moisten the eyes and take me back to memories. Isn't it amazing how those lyricists write lines that concur with every state of your mind and heart?

I have had this strange connection with Hindi songs right from the time I started to love music…I've never felt that kind of connection even with songs of my mother tongue. From those old romantics of 70's to the recent melodies…I've quite a big list of favorites.

All of them have a special place in my heart…and from today… even on this blog of mine. Each song will be posted as My Music Mania on every Saturday (Unless I get disconnected from the net) along with my memories associated with it (if any) :P


(Ok, the idea is inspired from arpi di who posts her favorites as SONG OF THE MOMENT :P I hope she will not mind :P)

This week’s MMM:


Tujhse naaraz nahin zindagi…from the movie Masoom





Tujhse naaraz nahin zindagi hairan hoon main
Tere masoom sawaalon se pareshan hoon main

Jeene ke liye sochaa hi nahin dard sambhaalne honge
Muskuraye to muskurane ke karz utaarne honge

Muskuraye kabhi to lagta hai jaise hothon pe karz rakha hai

Aankh agar bhar aai hain boondein baras jayengi
kal kya pata kis ke liye aankhen taras jayengi

Jaane kahan gum hua kahan kho gaya
Ek aansoo chhupa ke rakha tha

Zindagi tere gham ne hume rishte naye samjhaye
Dhoop mein mile jo bhi mile pyar ke thande saaye...

And the translation (from Google) of the lyrics to English (Specially for you Lena)

Life, I am not upset with you… I am just surprised
And distressed by your innocent questions

I never thought that in order to live, I would have to bear with the pains
To smile, I would have to take on the debt of smiling
If ever I were to smile, I would have to insure this debt on my lips

Today if I became teary-eyed, the tears will fall…
Who knows tomorrow whom these eyes will wait for?

Who knows where I had lost...
That one tear I had kept hidden...

Life, your sorrows have taught us new relations
Whomever you shall meet in the sunlight, you will feel the cool shade of love...

There aren’t any special memories with this song but I always listen to it when I am sad…and I actually feel good after that.

P.S- I can feel the anguish sustaining the wrath expressed by fellow bloggers following the Mumbai attacks. But I myself haven’t been able to write a word on it. I personally feel that the worst has been incurred and the fanatics have succeeded in their motive. As for the NSG killing them- I suppose the terrorists were prepared for it. After all the damage has been done.

Its high time the Govt realizes that Prevention is better than Cure.


18 comments:

Priya Joyce said...

nice post dearrie..very nice song..re..iI know it very well..but still it touches me everytym I hear it

yea my heartfelt condolences..for those who died

Richa said...

i too love this number buddy!!

i too love music n u can find a list of my all tym faves on my blog :))

Sameera Ansari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sameera Ansari said...

I have always been surprised by your good taste in music :P

I love this song,makes me cry every time I listen to it.

As for the Bombay riots,I feel the same :(

RiverSoul said...

Hey a nice post, princess
:)


Btw, in that movie, i love this song
Lakdi ki kathi
:)
:)

Anwesa said...

i actually hummed dat song while reading d post.i luv dat song.n yes,govt. shud learn something 4m this attack.

WarmSunshine said...

:)

Okay.. looking forward to this weekly music update. i love music too :) and it's best when it comes with memories and beautiful lyrics :)

lukkydivz said...

@pj

yes, a touching song pj :)

@richa

i know most of us here wud be in love with the song :)

lukkydivz said...

@moti

lol and i was never surprised by your bad taste in music :P :P

makes me cry too :(

@sid

:) will listen to it now :)

lukkydivz said...

@anwi

even i hummed the song while typing :)

@meher

have u heard the song or not :P

Anonymous said...

hey chechu...! lovely idea...
wish i could take it up...but dont wanna copy urs...!! :)

nicely done, love the song and the translation...but why is it for lena?? :O

regards the p.s, i agree with u too...

Phoenix said...

beautiful song there... thats my favorite too

lukkydivz said...

@leo

of course u can onion. even i have taken from someone's blog :P
translation is for lena coz she cant understand hindi :P dumbo

@raks

:)

Lena said...

umm... lovely idea, sweets :)
hope you continue with it and dont give ever up ;)


thanks for the translations dear! Really a beautiful song :)

Pranav Kumar V said...

@P.S. I know!! There's a void in me!! Guess I overworked my thought process. I'll just stay calm and clean up for a day!!

See you when I see you... :)

Pranav Kumar V said...

Oh yeah!! Will listen to the song tomorrow!! :)

Hemanth Potluri said...

haha u translated for miss witty thats good :P...i loved the song long and i am loving it now :)..i missed 3 posts had completed them to :)...

urs..hemu..

Aneesh said...

I love music too regardless of language. I listen to Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam and English songs normally. In each I have special selections. Recently I've even heard a russian folk song which I liked 'coz of the music; don't know the meaning though :)